Who We Are
Noel T. Brewer, PhD is Professor of Health Behavior at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public. He studies how people make risky health decisions. His current work focuses on increasing HPV vaccination, communicating the harms of smoking, and encouraging appropriate use of screening.
Melissa B. Gilkey, PhD is Assistant Professor of Health Behavior at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health. With research interests in adolescent health, cancer prevention, and health services research, Dr. Gilkey studies interpersonal and organizational approaches to improving the delivery of HPV vaccine.
Susan Alton Dailey, MPH, MSW is a project manager in the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health with a focus on patient-provider communications and adolescent health.
Brigid Grabert, JD, PhD is a postdoctoral Research Fellow at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health. Dr. Grabert’s work focuses on health services research, econometric methods, and the prevention of sexually transmitted infections.
Jennifer Heisler-MacKinnon, MPH is a project manager at the UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health with a focus on health communications and cancer prevention and control.
Jennifer Leeman, DrPH is Associate Professor of Nursing at the UNC School of Nursing. Her work focuses on disseminating evidence-based interventions and supporting their implementation in a range of practice settings.
The HPV IQ materials and methods were tested in the field with the invaluable help of seven different state health departments. These practice teams used the HPV IQ tools in primary care practices. They made sure that the tools were practical, useful, and easy to navigate. They also provided critical feedback to the research team so that the materials and information on this website could be fine-tuned to meet your needs.
Special thanks to:
- The Arizona Department of Health Services
- The Illinois Department of Public Health
- The Michigan Department of Community Health
- The New York State Department of Health
- The North Carolina Division of Public Health
- The Washington State Department of Health
- The Wisconsin Department of Health Services
We also received ongoing input and support from our Advisory Board.
- Lori Quick, Nurse Consultant and AFIX Coordinator at the Colorado Department of Public Health
- Karen Fernandez, AFIX City Research Scientist at the New York City Health Department
- Ron Balajadia, Immunization Branch Chief at the Hawaii Department of Public Health
- Alex Thornton, AFIX coordinator at the Ohio Department of Public Health
- Chris Finley, Immunization Program Manager at the Vermont Department of Public Health
We would like to give special thanks to the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation for funding this website and the Assessment and Feedback Tools research.
Thanks also to the Public Health System and Services Research Center at the University of Kentucky for supporting our research and this website and to Pfizer Pharmaceuticals for providing an unrestricted educational grant to fund the Communication Training Tools research.
Dr. Noel Brewer has received grants from and/or served on paid advisory boards for Pfizer, Merck, GSK, FDA, CDC, and NIH. All other developers have no conflicts to disclose.